Commercial Auto Insurance In Alberta
Finding The Best Coverage Is Easy With The Help Of An Independent Broker!
If you run a local business in Alberta you probably have special vehicles for your company, and like your personal car, you want these vehicles fully protected with Commercial Auto Insurance. It's not hard to call an insurance broker and order a policy. However, there are some important things to consider about this kind of insurance and it may be best to contact an insurance specialist. Here is a good reason why.
William T was a good electrician and after working for ten years for a local contractor he decided it was time to go into business for himself. He had most of the money he needed saved up and bought a new van and he knew he needed to insure it, so he called his insurance broker to check on the rates and find out about the best policy for his business. William's insurance professional provided with him with a policy that would serve his present needs, and reminded him that he should have an insurance review every year.
Before long, William was servicing local residential and commercial customers. In fact, he hired several people after he landed a big contract with a local developer to install a communications system in an office complex. William bought two more vans and insured them with similar policies to his original van.
The new project required some very specialized and expensive equipment and on the way to job site, one of his vans was is a major traffic accident. Although there were no serious injuries, a great deal of expensive equipment to be installed was destroyed.
William contacted his insurance person to see if his coverage for Commercial Vehicle Insurance was enough to cover the cargo. His insurance professional explained that William had additional cargo coverage that was considerably beyond the minimum requirements, so he didn't have to worry about the loss. William was very pleased that he had the foresight to take out insurance with someone that knew the business well.
What Is Business Auto Insurance?
Commercial insurance for vehicles is similar to personal car insurance, except it concerns businesses. It is specifically designed to fill the vehicle needs of the modern day company, whether large or small.
Who Needs This Coverage?
You need to insure vehicles used for business purposes. This includes major corporations and many small businesses. Even when you deliver pizza or newspapers, you need special insurance. If your employees drive your vehicles you need business insurance for them. These businesses should take out insurance for their business vehicles:
- Store or shop owners
- Delivery services
- Warehouse operations
- Trucking companies
What is Standard Commercial Vehicle Insurance Coverage?
Although needs may vary, several types of insurance coverage are required. Here are the mandatory requirements for Alberta:
- Liability - this is similar to private Car Insurance liability. It protects you from damages that you may cause, and will assist with legal fees should someone sue you for damages. The minimum is one million for goods transportation and two million for dangerous goods.
- Uninsured motorist coverage
- Cargo insurance - can be as low as $600 or as high as $32,000 depending on gross vehicle weight or even higher depending on your contract requirements.
- Passenger coverage - ranges from one to two million dollars, and depends on how many passengers you service.
Business Auto Insurance Options
You may need to consider additional liability for your business vehicles. This will insure that all damages will be taken care of. For example, large trucks are more likely to result in accidents with injuries or major property damages. You also may want to think about:
- Roadside assistance
- Increased cargo insurance
- Collision insurance - this Commercial Auto Insurance option is not necessary if you own your vehicles outright, but will pay for damages if you or your driver is responsible. Otherwise you will have to shoulder all of the replacement costs.
- Comprehensive - optional in some cases, and covers fire, vandalism, and theft.
- Car replacement - can provide you with a rental vehicle while yours is being repaired.
Who Should I Buy Coverage From?
As you look for Commercial Vehicle Insurance, coverage, options, and price, are all very important issues. When you choose Mason Agencies Insurance Ltd you have a great deal of help with this very important business decision. Your insurance professional knows where to get the best coverage at the most affordable rates. This comes from years of experience in the insurance world.
When you do business with our brokers, you have these benefits:
- Expert advice
- Complete history review
- Insurance package designed specifically for your business
- Competitive premiums
When it comes to Business Auto Insurance, there is no reason to wonder if you are fully covered or not. Contact Mason Agencies Insurance Ltd by calling 780-846-2875.